Friday, January 6, 2012

sample questions for quiz on monday

Below is a sample of what the quiz will look like on Monday

There will be three questions that ask if a given number is divisible by 2,3,4,5,6,9,10

For example...

36
2 yes
3 yes
4 yes
5 no
6 yes
9 yes
10 no

There will be 3 questions asking to write all of the factors of a given number.

Example

108

1 x 108
2 x 54
3 x 36
4 x 27
6 x 18
9 x 12


Finally, there will be three questions asking for a factor tree and prime factorization in exponential form.

Example

32 =2 to the fourth power
100 = 5 squared x 2 squared
66 = 11 x 2 x 3


Remember to check your answer by first making sure that all of your circled numbers are prime. Second, find the product of your prime factors and it should equal the original number.

I apologize for not having pictures of factor trees. I am making this post from my phone at the airport. Students should have 5-6 examples of factor trees from class to refer to.

Again, I will be gone Monday but I have left very clear instructions for my substitute. Students will have the entire class period to work on their quiz. I will be grading and returning quizzes by Wednesday next week. Have a great weekend!