Friday, September 23, 2011

I LIKE BIG BINDERS....

Students will tell you that we spent the first couple of weeks in Mastery class talking about the importance of their binder. Unfortunately, the binder organization has been poor so far for many students. We as teachers will continue to remind students to keep their binders clean and organized, but it is up to the student to take the time and effort to make sure they are doing so. Everything that is graded and returned to students needs to make it back into their binder.

In my class, I ask students to keep their homework with their notes from the day. That way if they run into problems on the homework, they can simply flip the page to their notes where they should have vocabulary terms and example problems to refer to. I always hole punch homework assignments so they can clip into binders where they should stay until it is time to turn them in.

I would encourage parents to check binders at home as well to make sure graded papers are making it home. Students in my class will often see questions on quizzes and tests that came from homework and if they are throwing their homework away (I see it EVERY day), they will not have examples to study.

Any questions please email me at nathan.culp@nhcs.net