Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Test results....

I was able to grade half of the Unit 3 tests, and have not been overly happy with the results. Students have known for over a week that we were testing today. I made a study guide for them last week and used an entire class period to work problems that came directly from the test and ask questions if they needed help.
Some students were unable to finish in the class period, so I told them they were welcome to stay in from our recess before lunch to finish up. A few students stayed, finished, and went outside. Many did not take advantage of this time.

I do not want to see students fail. Unfortunately, if I gave them their grades from their test results today, many of them would, again, be digging themselves into a hole early in the quarter.

I am going to give students the class period tomorrow (Wednesday) to look at their test and fix their mistakes. They will see which questions they missed, and hopefully have enough time to realize why they missed it and make a correction. There were some students that performed really well on the test, and they will be rewarded in some form or another.