Monday, October 24, 2011

Following directions in class

As you may have already heard from the other sixth grade teachers, we are going to be enforcing rules more strictly over the coming weeks. The main rule in my class, which students hear daily, is to stop talking when they hear me talking so they can listen to directions. Students that decide to continue talking while I am giving directions will be sent to ISS or will be calling home to inform their parents that they are disrespecting their teachers.

I had group work planned for my classes today, but my Core 1 class did not make it ten minutes into class before opening their books to do bookwork instead. I try to plan interactive and engaging class activities for students, but we will go back to the book when I am constantly trying to talk over students when giving directions.

If any student or parent feels that this is unfair, I would be happy to discuss the issue.

nathan.culp@nhcs.net