Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday October 20, 2011

Today I will first be checking for completion of the homework last night. Every student should have received a work book which contains practice and homework assignments from every chapter in the book (Core 4 will receive theirs today). The work book is to remain in their binder, and the homework assignments should stay in the work book. I told all students yesterday that "I lost my homework" and "I left it at home" are no longer valid excuses for not having their homework with them because they should always have their binders, and their work book is to never come out of their binder!


After checking homework, we get into groups of 3 to practice place values and comparing decimals. Each group will have their own wipe board and marker. I will present the class with a problem and each group will come up with an answer and write it on their wipe board. Each group will get points for each correct answer. At the end of class, we will allow students to "wager" any amount up to their total for a chance to add to their score on a single "final jeopardy" style question. I will pay out cat cash to the top 3 teams.